24 Days Of Searbella, Day 18: DIY Christmas Cards

19:06:00

When it comes to christmas cards, sometimes the store ones are just not good enough. So I've taken it upon my self to make my own christmas cards. Today I will be showing you 3 different styles of christmas cards that I love to make! 

For these cards, you will need:

  • Plain cards or old, unused christmas cards
  • Christmas scrapbooking paper
  • Glue stick 
  • Scissors
  • Pencil or pen
  • Hot glue gun
  • Buttons (preferably red)
  • red and white twine  
1st Card: Naughty or Nice

Step 1: With selected scrapbooking paper, outline the card on the paper with a pencil and cut it out. Once cut out, use the glue stick  to stick the cut out scrapbooking paper to the old card. 

Step 2: Select a quote or image to put on the card and cut it out. I chose the quote "He knows if you've been naughty to nice".   
Step 3: choose where you want to place the quote or picture and using the glue stick, stick it to the card. I chose to put it on a diagonal so I just cut the excess of the sides. 
Step 4 (optional): My mum has the thing where it cuts out stuff with sharp stencils and heaps of pressure. SO, I thought that I could just press it through the machine with out a  stencil. You could also put heavy books on them overnight if you have time but this step is totally optional. 

Final Product:


2nd Card: The Pine Cone

So for the rest of the cards, you basically repeat steps 1-3/4 and then with this one you use a hot glue gun and glue a button (preferably red) in between the two pine cones. 

Finished Product:

3rd Card: Count Down to Christmas
Repeat steps 1-3/4
After steps 1-4/5, you are going to use a hot glue gun to glue red and white string as well as a button onto your card. 

Finished product:

So there you have it my three DIY Christmas cards!
I really hope that you guys like these as much as I do and try some out for yourself. I got the scrapbooking paper from Kaisercraft if you want to get the same paper as I used. I am so sorry for not being able to post for the last 14 days as I have just moved house and my grandma has been in hospital so send all your well wishes to her. Nether the less, I will post every day for the last week before christmas! I hope you have enjoyed this post and you try to recreate some of them. 

Hope your having an amazing festive season and I'll see you tomorrow!

Searbella xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments